Saturday, August 02, 2008

Nikko

I'm one of those people who thinks, "If you see one, you've seen it all". For example, I was basically DONE with ruins when I went to Playa Del Carmen. After I saw the ruins in Tulum, I had no desire to go to any other. The same goes with the shines in Japan. After I saw the shrines in Osaka and Kyoto, I didn't care to see any more. SOOOO, when my great aunt told me that she wanted to take Jimmy and me to Nikko, I wasn't really excited. After all, how different can it be?

Apparently, there is a BIG difference...especially in color. I *heart* insanely saturated colors.







LOVE this door.


My grandpa, great aunt, and great uncle.

Sleeping buddha


We finished our day strolling around in a REAL Japanese garden. Haha


FYI: Nikko is a small city at the entrance to Nikko National Park. It is most famous for the Toshogu, Japan's most lavishly decorated shrine complex and mausoleum of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the founder of the Tokugawa shogunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home