Monday, April 13, 2009

Day with Drew

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to spend a whole day with THE Drew B of Drew B Photography. You see, I'm a self-proclaimed blog stalker, and let me tell you, I will stalk any and all of my favorite photographers. ALL DAY LONG. Soooo...when I found out that Drew was doing a mentoring session, I jumped (literally) at the chance. And just as I imaged, Drew was helpful, open, and so giving! I'm still a little overwhelmed by the whole experience.
Drew also has an awesome momtog blog to help moms photograph their little ones. She has lots and lots of tips and tutorials, so be sure to check it out!

To top it off, she even arranged an urban photo session! Here are some of my favs.

H-O-T!! I wish I was able to pull off a pair of red heels like her!








I love me some tie action!










Oh, and did I tell you we had the BEST models? They did everything we asked them, including laying down on the landing and sitting in the alley. LOVE IT!

...and finishing off with my favorite of the day...

10 Comments:

Anonymous DrewB said...

A-MA-ZING! Love these, Sakura! You totally rock! Thanks for coming down and hanging out. Keep up the rad work!

4/14/2009 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Kristi said...

Very cool! Love it!

4/14/2009 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Congrats on the day with Drew! You are so talented, girl. Keep up the good work!!

4/14/2009 9:01 PM  
Blogger whitty-acres said...

You rock, Sakura!

wendy from blue lily photography

4/15/2009 12:34 AM  
Blogger Diana Rush said...

That last shot is totally magic!

4/15/2009 9:19 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

just looked at your page!! GREAT!! i love your pictures!! you do such a great job!!

4/15/2009 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I love them all especially the last one!

4/15/2009 9:32 AM  
Blogger Megan Plenge said...

Awesome job Sakura! Your photos are amazing!!

4/15/2009 9:42 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I found your blog through DrewB's and I love the photos you took and all the photos on your blog...I am just starting out so, I am soaking in all that I can! I love all the shots you take straight into the sun-they are gorgeous! Keep it up!!

4/15/2009 4:23 PM  
Blogger Carebear said...

Followed a link from DrewB to find you. How much do I envy you getting that session with Drew?!?! I am also one of her blog stalkers. The pictures she took of you are STUNNING. Are you making a life-sized canvas to hang on a wall, LOL? I browsed your site and your photos are lovely too. Especially adore that maternity shot with the flare. So pretty.

4/16/2009 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home